Exceptional service has always been our primary goal. We offer a number of services that are not offered in other offices, including guaranteed same day appointments for urgent needs, ready access for routine appointments, short wait times (and Starbuck cards of you wait more than 30 minutes), same day responses to phone calls and electronic messages, and personal care. (Dr. Barrett is on call 340 nights a year to respond to urgent needs, our PA handles the remaining nights)
In the last few years we have expanded our services to include digital care via text message, email, Facetime and Google Duo. In a digital age there are many conditions that can be treated without the inconvenience of an office visit. Rashes, mole checks, bladder infections and pink are examples of some of the acute conditions that can be treated without face to face interactions. Chronic conditions such as high blood pressure and diabetes can also often be managed without the patient physically coming in to be seen.
Patients love the extra care and attention we provide, but insurances do not value it and do not adequately compensate us for such care. That leaves us struggling with how to continue providing the exceptional care that our patients want and deserve. We have concluded that an additional fee is the most feasible approach. In determining our fee we considered many factors. Local “Concierge” physicians charge as much as $3000 a year for similar services (although they often do not include digital care!). There is a large Primary Care group in Palm Springs that charges a $900 annual fee. We don’t want our fee to be a barrier to care, so we have settled on a much more affordable amount.
A $100 one time enrollment fee for each new adult patient, and then:
- $25 a month for each non-HMO patient over the age of 18.
- $75 a month for patients on traditional MediCare fee for service (PPO) plans.
Here are answers to common questions-
How will I be charged the monthly fee?
- When you show up for your first visit and provide your credit card information, you will be signed up for the monthly charges.
What do you get for the fee?
- In addition to providing access to the highest rated Family Practice office in town with guaranteed same day access, the fee covers unlimited secure messaging.
What if I don’t want expanded services, do I still pay the fee?
- In the same way that people pay for AAA but do not use all of the services AAA provides, all non-HMO patients must pay the annual fee. The fee is for access to the services, whether or not they are used.
Do HMO patients pay the fee?
- The extended services are covered by Greater Newport Physicians, so HMO patients are not responsible
If you have more questions, feel free to contact us!